I get several mails daily from young folks in this country and beyond asking for the things God has done to me and in me that has brought me this far. Well, I don’t deceive myself, I still have a very long way to go, I am just starting.
I have quietly observed many young Ministers and I have seen reasons why majority are not doing well in ministry, I have also seen reasons why majority are injuring themselves and their anointing. I will highlight few points today, I hope they bless you.
1) Many young ministers don’t know the boundary between personal temperament and the requirements of discipline in ministry. This applies mostly to those who are jovial, they play to the point that once in a while people forget the fact that they are anointed. Many have gone so far that they now use their social media platforms for frivolities. When you do these things, you put the people God has sent you to in danger. Don’t joke to the point whereby people will have to walk past you to look for someone else doing the same thing you are doing but more serious than you. For the sake of the people, reduce unnecessary things.
2) Many young ministers downplay the role of SPIRITUAL FATHERING in ministry. From personal experience I have come to see that anywhere a father is absent, destiny is at stake. You will see how powerful the role of a father is both in the family and in ministry if you take time to look well into it. You believe that only Jesus is the one you are to be accountable to, then you will have to reach out to Jesus to come commission your ministry, to lay hands on you at special seasons of your life, etc. Those who have no father in ministry get lost without a trace.
You have thousands of instructors (mentors) but you can only have ONE FATHER. Be accountable, and know that your Spiritual Father is your Spiritual Father, he is not your bestie! His role in your life is to help you get direction and safeguard all you stand for, don’t confuse things. You are to submit not agree. You may not necessarily agree, your sonship will be tested when you don’t agree and yet you have to submit.
3) Many change Fathers like underwear.
For this class of people, I have noticed that they don’t do anything significant at the end of the day. They move with every trending minister, they duplicate every new pastor’s pattern, they are confused.
Discern who your father is; submit, be loyal, be accountable, be reachable.
4) Many young ministers downplay the role of character and integrity.
Charisma announces People, but character keeps them where they have been announced and beyond. When I see a young minister messing around with girls, I understand that he doesn’t know what he is doing to his future and what God has committed into his hands. Never forget this; the only thing that can be hidden in life is what has not been said or done.
When people’s promotion is being discussed, it is only their character that will be there to speak for them.
You will frustrate Grace if hands are laid on you constantly and yet you are doing what is contrary to the workings of Grace.
You claim not to be sleeping with the girl under your Ministry, but you only kiss once in a while, excuse me sir you need help, quick one.
5) Many struggle with Low self esteem.
When new doctrines are flying, the first set of people who will be carried away are those who build their Ministry on validation of men. There are people shouting fire everywhere today who know nothing about these things, but because it is trending, they also want to feel among. Guard your heart, work on your esteem, else you will fall out as time goes by.
6) Many don’t know that Spiritual FATHERING is not by big names it is by connection and revelation. Many have severed God’s plan for them because the fellow they call their father doesn’t even know them, they only listen to his tape and they feel that is enough. How can somebody father you only through tapes, was that How Moses fathered Joshua ?
7) Most talk about prayer, only few pray.
I have noticed that most young people will rather take their time to listen to messages and read books than to pray. Ministry is not fast food, if it will last, special time must be taken in the place of prayer. Any man of God that is a product of quick fix can’t be used for any special assignment. Quit seeking validation from men and go on your knees where God makes men. You have access to God, use it!
If truly you want to go far, then you must not joke with instructions and corrections. This is a corrective teaching, and I know many young people are found in this mould, take it, sit down, digest it and correct what should be corrected.
Subscribe to our blog so you can be updated daily with contents that would move your life forward